This book teaches what is required by EASA for B1 and B2 knowledge testing and typical of the curricula offered within EASA certified 2 year Part 147 programs.
The focus is on a basic understanding of the various conditions of flight and flight controls as applied to the day to day tasks of an aircraft technician.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
– International standard atmosphere, application to aerodynamics
– Airflow around a body.
– Boundary layer, laminar and turbulent flow, free stream flow, relative airflow, upwash and downwash, vortices, stagnation.
– Terms: camber, chord, mean aerodynamic chord, profile (parasitic) drag, induced drag, center of pressure, angle of attack, wash-in and wash-out, fineness ration, wing shape, and aspect ratio.
– Thrust, weight, aerodynamic resultants.
– Generation of lift and drag, angle of attack, lift coefficient, polar curve, stall.
– Airfoil contamination including ice, snow, and frost.
THEORY OF FLIGHT
– relationship between lift, weight, thrust, and drag.
– glide ratio.
– steady state flights, performance.
– theory of the turn.
– influence of load factor, stall, flight envelope and structural limitations.
– lift augmentation
FLIGHT STABILITY AND DYNAMICS
– longitudinal, lateral and directional stability (active and passive)
eBook File Description
File Size: 19.5Mb
Print: yes, 10 pages only
Copy/Paste: not allowed
Offline Access: yes
System Reqs: Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and more
Helpful eBook Links:
The purchase of this manual includes a free two year revision service subscription. To enter your subscription, simply click into the web page listed on the first page of the book and enter your name and email. For two years, if any change or update occurs in this book, you will receive by email a free printable .pdf file of those pages that were revised.